Mālama Learning Center, Wai`anae Farmers' Market, and Kapolei High School are partnering to provide the community with Mākeke Kapolei, a weekly farmers' and green market. Live, eat, and learn sustainably!
Join us every Thursday (except major holidays) - 3:00 - 6:30 p.m. at the Kapolei High School parking lot.
We envision an O‘ahu community that is healthy in mind, body and spirit by providing vibrant gathering places for the community, local food producers and Hawaiian cultural practitioners to connect, share, learn, teach, entertain, and express values that lead to healthy and affordable habits.
Using the power of partnerships and recognizing a farmers' market can be an important economic and social develoopment tool for the Kapolei community, Mākeke Kapolei will strive to create a gathering place to:
- Preserve the knowledge, values and traditions of local farmers, food producers and Hawaiian cultural practitioners;
- Support and encourage both new and experienced farmers to develop environmentally sound and economically viable practices;
- Support and encourage cultural practitioners and artisans;
- Provide our community weekly access to fresh, affordable, locally grown produce and products;
- Provide an environment that invites and promotes the sharing, learning and expressing of malama pono among community members, vendors, students and educators.
We gladly accept EBT and SNAP benefits!
Follow our Makeke Kapolei blog.